Anyway, although Valentine was on a Saturday this year, Girlet had school as replacement for the long CNY break. So she had her Valentine bento on the day itself. Made her a heart shape onigiri and two stewed drumnets wrapped with ribbon (made of Jap lunch sheet) for ease of holding.
The day before, I made heart shaped Nutella sandwiches. Now that I put the photos next to each other, I realised the similarities between the two. Same box aside, the lettuce and mandarins were at the same position, and the colours are alike. I'm really stuck in a rut or what??!! Accompanying the wheat shaped pasta was cheese sauce in the orange container. I admit that the lettuce is purely for decoration. While Girlet now is eating lettuce, this particular bunch of lettuce was yuckily bitter even for me. The pet rabbit gets to enjoy it instead.
Didn't make any Valentine bentos for the men in my life. D'hubby had conferences and didn't need any bentos, while Boylet preferred dinosaurs to hearts.
This skipping of posts really messed up my numbering system. Sheesh.... I'll just label them as Bentos # 108 & 109 for continuity sake.



10 comments:
Both Valentine's bentos are very cute. What is Jap lunch sheet and is it edible?
Ya la, the lettuce I got also bitter, only frilice type is OK.
BTW, I like the leave pasta! Here don't have a lot of choices.
wahhh...almost everything is in pairs...*wink*
Hey these are BEAUTIFUL! Love the ribbon ties... first time I seen these anywhere!
Looks like you are trying to clear all the lunch sheets too huh?? hehehe
Frankly, sometimes when we have the same food for days it is not surprising we have the same arrangements for the bento too!
Your bento still lovely as ever :)
Nice heart bentos. I like the look the salad adds and the little detail of the drummet holder.
Oh Sharon, you have been tagged
That is so sweet . A Valentine from mommy to daughter.
haha...tell me about it. My numbering is about to go haywire as well. I am thinking I should do like you do, post up a Valentine bento and the rest later, but its already too late anyhow. heehee..
About lettuce, I find those from the wet markets more pliable for kids tummies. I don't know the names of those lettuces, but its those that our grandmothers used to wrap fried rice around with. My kids would pluck lettuces off those dishes where chicken dishes or pork dishes are served when we eat out in restaurant and eat them like that.
Lisa : Japanese lunch sheet are egg/flour sheets sold in a package for Japanese mom's convenience in packing bentos. Each package has a yellow, orange (carrot) and green (spinach) sheet each. I bought it as a novelty. But can just make it on our own. Lunchinabox had a recipe of making egg sheets in the microwave.
Post a Comment