Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bentos # 117 - 122 : Bread bentos

More backdated bentos. And the bentos are no longer in chronological order since I messed up the timeline. So I'm grouping them by contents. I try to pack food in a rotating order centering on bread, rice, noodles, onigiri, pasta. Hopefully, that'll provide a variety in taste. Anyway, today I'm posting all the bread bentos for Girlet in Feb. All Speed Bentos, made within 15 minutes.

Bento #117 - Kaya sandwich with white and wholemeal bread. Added two chicks and a cheese dog chasing a cheese cat, and some grapes (no vege, so cheated with green picks *_*). First use of the red Hello Kitty box.

Bento # 118 - Egg mayo sandwich, red & orange cherry tomatoes, moulded quail eggs and a cheese cube.

Bento # 119 - Pooh bear sandwiches (can't remember now what filling they were), mini mandarin (which put this into early Feb when the mini mandarin were still sold), and grapes. Didn't pack any protein as Girlet was getting fried eggs and sausages in school.

Bento # 120 - Mini poppy seed bun (again forgot what filling) with My Melody cheese, stewed oyster sauce drumnet, and grapes. This was one of the few bentos that I made decorations with cheese, since they melt in our hot weather.

Bento # 121 - Butterfly sandwiches, nuggets and red dragonfruit cut with butterfly cutter. Girlet decorated the butterfly with pink food marker to match the dragonfruit.

Bento # 122 - A boy holding a girl's hand (raisin bread with kaya), and heart watermelon. Must have been made the period around Valentine's day. Other items were nuggets, quail eggs pretending to be dogs and a jackfruit, deseeded, hence accounting to the weird shape.

8 comments:

shoppingmum said...

I like that butterfly. It is a nice cut.

javapot said...

For bento #117, did u use a mold for the chicks? Love the HK box!!

Lisa~~ said...

Another set of adorable bentos. I especially love the butterfly. Thanks for congrats on Maisie's 100 bentos and for offering to post about it on your blog.

Emily said...

Love the things you do with bread! and the storylines!

Angeline said...

love every creation!
especially the cherries, look like balloons!
then the butterfly was amazing...

3lilangels said...

Amy: I love the butterfly cutter too. A friend got it in Australia. In your hands, it would have turned out more beautiful rather than just pink polka dots. :D

Javapot: Yes, I used a mould for the chicks since I'm quite hopeless (and lazy) at free hand sculpture of anything.

Lisa: Oops! the post still in draft. Rectifying ASAP.

Angeline: Nothing like picks to perk up a plain bento. Those balloon picks are now sold in 100 yen shop for RM4.90.

Angeleyes said...

Where did you get that butterfly cutter??? Fits real well into that silicon cup!

3lilangels said...

Angeleyes : From Australia, unfortunately.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie