Saturday, October 31, 2009

Exam and Halloween Bentos

I'm so GLAD Girlet's exams are finally over. Cos we've not only struggled with Mandarin, there was Malay Language to contend with too. Sigh!

Bento #138 was a quick and simple Good Luck in Exams bento. Just peanut butter, and chocolate sandwich with cheese accents, ham flower and papaya flowers. I forgot about the brocolli that was left in the steamer, otherwise it should go in the empty spot beside the ham. Yup! I was that stressed. Have I mentioned how GLAD I am that the exam's over.
Bento # 139 & #140

I'd admit to being a procrastinator ...... waiting for the very last day to make a Halloween bento. For Girlet, there was a chicken rice (with chicken stuffed in) coffin, with bones on top (from the Scooby Doo pasta), poison beans (edamame), sausage fingers (copied off Kel here) with bloody nails (chinese sausage stuck on with ketchup), quail egg eyeballs (raisin pupils and foodmarkers) and a blood-filled mouth with fangs (the blood being red dragonfruit, and the fangs was a gummy candy).
Boylet's bento had a blood-filled tombstone (strawberry jam sandwich), a sausage finger, an eyeball (made a hole in the egg to stuff the raisin in), Frankenstein (pandan eggsheet, seaweed & cheese eyes), decaying flesh with bone (leftover sausages and pasta) and Jack O'Lantern carrot (using the facial expression multi cutter). The finger at the bottom left was a gummy candy.
Lastly, a pic of Girlet in her witch costume.

14 comments:

LZmommy said...

The fingers look so cute & scary! I like it :)

This year didn't have time to prepare halloween bento for my gal at all :(

Emily said...

All three bentos are wonderful! The kids gobbled up the fingers in gusto? Scary looking things!

javapot said...

your fingers do look scary. nice witch costume girlet!! oh i also like the green monster.

kel said...

Likes all ur scary bentos!

Angeline said...

OMG!!!
Your bentos are really errie!!!
Especially the fingers...
but I REALLY love the chicken coffin!!!

Rachel said...

the fingers are scary!! u really put in a lot of effort in bento preparation!!

Lia Chen said...

Love the exam bento, my kids will have their exam on Monday ... Think this will be worth it to make ;o) Happy to find your blog!

javapot said...

school holidays keeping you busy? :) hope things are well. just wanted to pass u a 'Happy Mama Blogger' award here. Have fun.

Emily said...

Hello2

Exams over and SIL's wedding also come and gone?

Overseas? In JB?

I need an update from you gurl!

allthingspurple said...

heehee..cute halloween bento. me a tad late yea? haha. havent been bloghopping like half a year *roll eyes* i forgot what fun it was to blog hop.
the 2 girls made me grin. Great pose !

Mamapumpkin said...

You're super creative la you!

Emily said...

Oi? template changed.... you are coming back to update your blog ar?!!!!

A
B
O
U
T

T
I
M
E
!
!

Bento Pet said...

No need to contemplate! Just begin blogging about anything to start off. *grin*

Emily said...

Happy New Year Sharon!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie