Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bentos # 131 - 133

I made more bentos than I expected in Feb since I'm still unearthing unposted pics. How do I know these bentos were from Feb? Well.... each pic has a clue. Let's see who can guess the answer. *_*

Bento # 131 - Two sleepy brown bears made of ricepot chicken rice, with bite size chicken thigh meat stuffed inside. This was an easy bento. Skewered the grapes with picks, cut some sweet peas at an angle, and placed the fishball and strawberry as they were in the box. Had some place, so added in a piece of chicken for more protein. All in took less than 20 mins.

Bento #132 was even easier - fried rice with carrots, frenchbeans and egg, with two pieces of sweet n sour pork - all leftovers from previous night. Thought it was too plain, so made a mandarin orange man, surrounded with grapes. Fifteen mins including steaming time.

For Bento # 133, I attempted a flower garden again. This time white rice was moulded into a flower, with the side dish of sweet n sour fishcake in a tulip cup, and leaves from sweet snap peas. Added egg sheet flower and grapes for colour, and also to fill up the gaps. I believe this didn't take more than 20 mins, though I wish I could be faster with easy bentos like this.


(A hint : ChooiPeng's customers may find it easier to guess) *_*

4 comments:

javapot said...

i'm guessing its the lunch sheets? but then #132 dont' have so....will wait for your answer ha ha

Nice bears btw, wouldn't have thought about using claypot chicken rice - will do that for myself one day since i just love eating the burnt flavourful rice.

shoppingmum said...

You are very quick in preparing bentos! ya, I like those lunch sheets, but I've finished my pack.

Angeline said...

ok, I'm not guessing here, but I wanna say your creativity has matched your speed!!! Amazing!

Rachel said...

you have abundance ideas!!!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie