Friday, April 3, 2009

More backdated bentos #123 - 125

Can't believe it's already April. I'm getting quite desperate to finish posting on Feb's stuff.

On a good note, I started my exercise program and had lost 1 kg in two weeks. Another 1 kg to go to pre-Christmas/CNY binge and then 3kg to pre-Babylet weight. I've given up trying to get to pre-babies /wedding weight. *_*

Bento #123 - Bear onigiri with lunch sheet cutouts, sausage, kanikama (artificial crabstick) & edamame, green grapes & strawberries.
Bento # 124 - contained chinese style inarizushi - aburaage stuffed with rice and charsiew (just making use of leftovers). While all four have the same contents, for visual interest, I covered some charsiew cutups with rice and top with stars (from orange lunchsheets). Also had stuffed chikuwa (tube shape fishcake) with baby asparagus, lunchsheet flowers and strawberries. Bento # 125 - Dog onigiri with lunchsheet feature, chick (moulded quail egg), stewed soy sauce drumnets, watermelon and grapes, with a dog fork pick (you can get this at 100 yen shop -Tmn Desa & Kuchai- for RM4.90).

13 comments:

javapot said...

hey, do share your exercise program, I got lots to lose also leh. TIA.

btw I really like your fusion with the inarizuhi. one more thing, is the chick mold same as the ones from 100yen shop? I don't recall them shaping like theses ones. tks

shoppingmum said...

Ya, that mold, I haven't seen that before too. :) Nice chick!

Angeline said...

"lunchsheet flowers" that was the first thing that caught my eye... ok, gonna ask a silly question "is it edible?"

Lisa~~ said...

Three more cute bentos and I love the different shaped quail eggs.

3lilangels said...

Javapot : My Exercise program is 5 mins Jumping Jacks, 5 mins running on the spot & 5 mins carrying Babylet and dance. And twice a week Yoga / Pilates classes. Also major portion control.

Angeline : Yes, the Lunchsheet is edible. It's packaged egg sheets, imported from Japan by Chooipeng, and comes in 3 colours a pack.

3lilangels said...

Javapot & Shoppingmum : I bought the egg mould thru ebay last year. See this post : http://growingfunwith3lilangels.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-purchases-from-e-bay.html

javapot said...

ok dokie, tks for mould info and your exercise regime (think i felt tired at the first thot of 5 min jumping jacks...its been a while i've done these jumps!) But happy that this is working for you and wish to support you for remaining 3kgs.

3lilangels said...

Javapot : Babylet joins me in the jumping and running, so that makes it fun. In fact, she can jump even longer than that. It's me who can't handle it. *_*

kel said...

Wow, ur bentos r becoming more & more cutie and colorful! Love them!

Rachel said...

the little bear caught my eyes! gosh! he's too cute to be eaten!!!

Emily said...

Well balanced dietry bentos! lots of green! and yummy soy sauce chicken wings!

javapot said...

ha ha ha...i know what u mean. i get tired just looking at my son sometimes constance prancing

DG said...

oh I love the little chick! AWw... Too cute to eat!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie