Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bento # 97 - Potato Salad

This is only the second week of 2009, and I've already broken one of my resolutions of not procrastinating with a few bentos pending posting. *sigh* After seeing what a productive morning Bentopet had yesterday, thought I'd better buck up *hanging head in shame*.

Know what I've been doing? Watching Taiwanese drama! haha... all because
Blessedmom said that her favourite series are Meteor Garden 1 & 2. While being bored one day, I checked them out and was hooked (yes, I do realised that I'm very outdated!) . Had a marathon last 6 days and am glad to say that I've finished both series & got them out of my system. I'm NOT going to start her other favourite show (It Started With A Kiss, also with sequel, so 50 episodes!!) - someone kick me if I do. Though I don't mind catching Meteor Rain with only 3 episodes. Anyone have that? *Incorrigible Grin*

Back to bentos, this potato salad was made last Wed. Thanks to
YL for the idea. It's a nice solution to early mornings, as most things were prepared the previous night - boiling, cutting, & filling the mayonnaise case. All that was left in the morn was to shell/chop the egg & cube the apple - didn't want them to oxidise /dry up overnight. Everything was cold out from the fridge to prevent the mayonnaise from going bad in this hot weather. Also packed the bento into a thermal bag (cheap one from Daiso) with an ice pack. Initially, I just left the quail eggs bare, and was going to snap a pic when Girlet asked why no faces. Oopsie, I think I created a monster..... so demanding now. But since the bento took very fast to complete, I obliged her with two smiley faces.
As for hubby's bento, it was 'recycled' from the one he forgot to bring the previous day. Original items were the meatfloss sandwich and longans. Added a layer cake, chendol jelly from MIL, mandarins and grapes, to differentiate a bit. But as can be seen, didn't bother to put in much effort. You know where my priorities are.... haha..... *unrepentant grin*

Better wish Happy Belated Anniversary to d'hubby (that was yesterday). Eight years and counting....

8 comments:

javapot said...

I like how you arrange everything so well in this box. I was hooked into Korean drama early last year - they can be so addicitve!

Biblo said...

And here I was thinking you were very, very busy with the new school year. And writer's block was just another excuse.

Meteor Garden? Been there, seen it! Don't know if I still have Meteor Rain... LOL!!!

Cute bento as always... Pity d'hubby though, recycle bread! And happy belated anniversary. Has it been 8 years?

Our Story said...

Very nice bento for ur girl.

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!

Me too, thought u were bz with school schedule and other children related chores!

Biblo said...

Btw, Korean version of the Meteor Garden is called Boys before Flower currently showing in korea.

shoppingmum said...

Oops, your girl like my kids like, bento "monsters" who want faces in their food. LOL!
Happy Anniversary.

MatsuSayuri said...

Ahhh...I love potato salad, can you give me your recipe.

BTW, I am new in this bento world and all, your guidance will be appreciate. Please do visit my blog at http://flamelair.blogspot.com/

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu

Par said...

Love those food picks, have yet to get some..hehe

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie