Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bentos # 99, 100 & 101

Being very blur, I didn't realised until now that I've reached and passed the 100th bento milestone. *duh*


Bento # 99 - Egg and Filament stick maki, nuggets, kamaboko flower, grapes and sweet peas. The quail eggs were embossed with facial expressions but indistinct, hence used foodwriter to enhance them.
Bento # 100 - Girl & Boy onigiri, prawn fritters, mandarin and grapes.
Bento # 101 - Sweet & sour chicken, My Melody apples, and under the Hello Kitty carrot was Onigiri mixed with Korean seaweed. There were more grapes in front which I removed for the pic as they were blocking Melody's face.

11 comments:

javapot said...

Congrats!!! Love all your bentos. Especially liked the use of the sweet pea.

Btw, noticed JJ has 2 wrappers for kamaboko (white and pink - any difference btw?) - which one do you buy and also how do u cook it, boil? tks

Angeline said...

*clap clap clap* 100 mark! You are amazing...

can't wait for the day you announced your #1000 Bento!!!! *wink*

I love the boy and the girl... you even went to cut the fringe!

icfamily5 said...

Hey Congrats!

Like the Maki bento with the 2 little chicks and the well arranged grapes and peas.

allthingspurple said...

oh, I love the kamaboko flower. Can you teach us how you do that? I love how the apples look so nicely printed too. Mine always turn out indistinct.

laundryamah said...

salute la..i tried waking up earlier to prepare the food but ended up just cut into squares or triangles!! bleh...hahahaha..

eh next time u go that supermarket can get me the animal shape pasta??

shoppingmum said...

Yayaya, the kamaboko flower is so nice, can you teach us? :)

kel said...

Congratulation!

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Looking forward to tons more creative bento-s from you!

Lisa~~ said...

Happy 100!! Love the girl & boy onigiri.

LZmommy said...

3 different bentos in 1 post! A feast for the eyes :)

DG said...

Whoa! ALl your bentos are so gorgeous!

I made 2-boys bento a week before you but yours are so much nicer! So much to learn from you. :)

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie