Bento # 102 - for Girlet. Tried to fashion a small charsiew pau and two pieces of fishpaste/ seaweed roll into a dog, with dismal results *sigh*. How did I pass art exams last time? Anyway, my mum gave me some mini papayas from her tree, and they were the perfect size for bentos. I halved 2 papayas and they just evolved into a man. Added edamame for some green as we're out of lettuce. Babylet had the rest of the papayas for brunch.

Bento #103 was for Boylet. He started classes in a new nursery, and they serve mainly fruits at snack time. It must be insufficient for Boylet as he would gobble down his lunch when he's home. On one hand I'm happy that he's eating lunch unlike last year where I have to either persuade, bribe, threaten or force him to have lunch. On the other I'm afraid he's starving. Am hoping that his appetite is growing as he's getting older. Fortunately many of the kids bring their own snacks, so he's not so adversed to a snack bento for himself. I tried to make a bunny out of the mini pau & grapes, and a flower out of jelly & edamame.

Bento # 103 was a breakfast bento for d'Hubby. Consisted of pancakes with maple syrup and mandarin oranges. The pancakes were just too plain and I couldn't resist adding facial features. A first cutesy bento for d'Hubby. All the container were too small to store the maple syrup, so made do with a silicon cup covered with a clingwrap.
3 comments:
did you purposely peel off the skin on the mini pau so that the bunny face will not look 'wrinkled' like the dog?
You made cheeky and cheerful faces for the three bentos! Very enticing!
Was distracted with your earlier post on Emily and 100Yen shop that i missed this post. I thought your bentos are very creative, keep it up!!! :)
Post a Comment