I stayed until recess, to make sure she knows where to sit etc. Signed her up for the catered food (although I'd and will be preparing bento for her) as that will ensure her a numbered sitting place at the cafeteria. Kiasu? Wasteful? Read this story first :During orientation last week, the kids had a go at queueing up to buy food. There were parents queueing up too, and everyone kept cutting into Girlet's queue, even parents! So I told her (loudly for the adults' ears) to say 'excuse me, I was queueing first' and tears started rolling down her face. She didn't dare to cry out loudly though.
After that, I don't think I want to risk her jostling with older kids for a place to sit. And the catered food is only RM40 a month. And I'll have a backup on days I can't (too lazy) to prepare bento, which doesn't entail her queueing up (Break time is only 15 mins. By the time she finish queueing, break would be over). Good enough reasons? *_*
I'm sure she's happy with the decision. Managed to reserve a seat next to a familiar name from kindy. Turned out that on her other side is a friend from kindy too. Too bad they're both not in the same class as her this year. The first meal the cafeteria served was a bun with choc filling and soyabean. But she chose to eat the bento instead. *grin*
For such a momentous occassion, I'd prepared a school-themed bento for her. Brainstormed earlier and came up with 'Books, calculator/abacus, pencil, schoolhouse, alphabet'. Grand plans..... only at 6 am this morning, all that seemed like too much work. *not morning person lah* So quickly thought of Plan B. Failsafe weiners, easy sandwich dressed with 'I love School' and Girlet's face (must make the eyes extra big lah, just because they're not) and fillers - brocolli, brocolli flower, mini mandarin & grapes. Even that took me 45 mins to make. Hope to improve my rhythm soon.
Girlet, Congrats on your first day at school. You're growing way too fast. My wish is for you blossom into a beautiful person. Study hard and play hard. I don't expect perfect scores, but good learning attitude of always striving for improvement. Enjoy your school years. This is the Best Time of your life.



20 comments:
Honestly?......
T
H
E
Y
DO
G
R
O
W
UP
TOO
F
A
S
T!!
blink blink and mine are already 25 and 22 YEARS OLD!! SOB!!!
Gosh, You must be so proud of her and you should be of yourself too!
I would have chose the bento too. I'm sure Girlet knew how much love went into that bento u made esp. for her. Looks fab.
I would have chosen the bento too *grin*
... and about who can't let go.haha. Kimberly is in year 3 and I still go with her on her first day today, even though one of her teachers sms me and say, "she will be fine lar". haha.
Have a great year ahead, girlet !!
BTW, wise choice on the backup lunch. School's catered lunch has saved me on many a days when I can't prepare a bento for Kimberly in time too.
You are always so creative in your bento. Girlet has made the right choice.
Love reading all those first day at school experiences .. usually moms are more excited than kids! Which chinese school does your girl go to? I am planning for chinese school for my lil one too. Wonder if they can fit in easily cos now he speaks English only.
oops correction: only eldest gurl's first day at kiddy.....
You reminded me of my mother, who signed up the canteen food for me at Std 1 so that I had a seat. LOL!
The bento is cute, I would have the bento instead of the bun too.
Girlet must be very proud to have a bento lunch made by you!
its a big step from preschool to primary...., I think the day I see my boys change into a primary school uniform, I'd cry... cos' I almost did when they wore their kindy uniforms....
then again, with such an encouraging bento... it would calm all fears in the child... *smile*
the bento is really cute! mommy so good le :)
I think nothing can fight the love showed in this bento! Girlet is such a lucky girl!
the bento is WOW!!!
Mommy must had felt real proud to see girlet in uniform! Its a proud moment and a big step for both mommy and girlet.
btw, got an triple award for you over at my blog.
http://simnicholas.blogspot.com/2008/12/triple-awards.html
WOW THAT IS CUTE
my girl also just start primary one.
we do feel proud as parents dont we?
And I plan to start bento (part time ) hehehe
she is also excited to be able to buy her own food in the canteen
OOOh that's prettylicious!!
U r a great bento queen. Your girlet sure will hv fond memories when she grows bigger later into fine lady & when she be a mum then.
I would have chosen the bento too! :) It is interesting that the school do have catered food.
Hehehe... I feel the same way too when my girl went to Primary last year. Mommies are the ones that can't let go :)
I saw all your bento creation back to the christmas ones. they are all so nice! My 9y/o dotter still choose over bento but that 7y/o boy baru masuk std 1 was so eager to try out all the foods in the cafeteria.
Awww.... Girlet is such a big girl now. She looked so confident standing there posing!
If it was me, I would choose the Bento too!
wah such a big girl...my one still cried on her 1st day, even after attending kindy for 4 looooong years!!
Post a Comment