Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hair-y Tales and More Pasta

Girlet is due to start Standard One in Chinese school next week, and the school regulation forbid long hair. Despite a letter from her Ballet School for exemption (as she would need to bun up her hair), I took her for a haircut today as her hair is way too long, almost to her waist. We went to a hairdresser at the nearby Hartamas Shopping Complex. I was concerned that she'll be upset, so bribed her with a hairwash. She really enjoyed that, while Babylet was busybody watching everything the hairdresser was doing. I had left Boylet to play with sand at home, and was able to spend the half an hour relaxing and reading a gossipy magazine.... *_*

a>

Girlet was really pleased with her haircut. Her hair looked so glossy. After Girlet's haircut, we went down to the supermarket, Mercato, to pick up some basic groceries. I promise I was not looking for any more pasta, but I found these .....
Vegetable Pasta (Rice & Corn) in Farm Animal shapes. Sorry for the flash. I took this in a hurry cos first time taking pix in supermarket, don't know whether get scolded or not. LOL! Flash on the pricetag too ....... think it's about RM 13-14.

Also found Spiderman pasta, alongside Scooby Doo and Spongebob @ RM6.30 a pack. Sometime ago, I got d'hubby to go through all the trouble to buy Spiderman pasta in US. So it looks like I'm in for a scolding.
Scoop - I bought the last pack of Pokemon pasta. Boylet should be happy with this.

We had lunch at home. After which, I left the older kids to play with Playdoh and went upstairs with Babylet for her nap. The maid was washing up in the kitchen, when there was a loud cry from Boylet. He managed to get playdoh stuck in his hair. It's not the regular playdoh, and was really sticky. OMG!! Got anyone sillier than him or not?

He got very upset when I told him I have to cut his hair, and he'll have a bald patch like Friar Tuck. So I took pity on him and tried to loosen the playdoh with oil (baby massage, not cooking). Fortunately, it worked, after a painstakingly 15 minutes with the sacrifice of only a few strands of hair. Oh boy! Am I glad the school's reopening soon. I will tell you about how the same silly boy got stuck at some rustic fly trap just three days ago next time.

This concludes 2008. Happy New Year, everyone.

7 comments:

Emily said...

2009 is finally here! Happy Days ahead!

Angeline said...

I like the girl's new haircut!
Luckily for the boy, you didn't choose to just snip it off!!! *laugh* Or poor boy will have early di-zong-har at this age.... *laugh*

*phew* at least its washable!

Happy New Year!

icfamily5 said...

Nice haircut for Girlet. Woh.. what a wide choice of pasta. Hope Kraft will bring them in to Singapore.

Happy New Year to you and your family. Cheers!

Ron Jun/Hue Wen said...

wow so shiok so small go for hairwash ah...get princess treatment leh...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

simply love ur loot from spore...can't wait to go to HK now...n now i know where to buy those difficult to find groceries....

Rachel said...

she really got very nice hair!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

allthingspurple said...

huahh. Girlet's hair was so long before it was cut. But she looks good after the cut anyhow.

Mercato, must make a mental note to drop by. thanks for sharing. Having said that, I haven't done anything with those pasta that I got earlier from blogger friends. haha. maybe make it a later trip instead.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie