Since the kids had been eating out or having takeaways, I decided to pack bento for d'hubby instead. He prefers to lunch with colleagues, so these bentos were for his morning break. These bentos went back 1 month ago. I was contemplating not to post this as the bentos were rather boring. But thought my dear sis, Biblo, needed some encouragement to post her bentos which are also not of the kawaii category.
Bento #85 - just simple ham, cheese & lettuce sandwich, swiss roll and Kueh Bahulu.
Bento # 86 - futomaki, unagi maki, curry puff (from Ikea which has less and less fillings), a small piece of brownie and packet soju from the Bento party organised by Bentopet and Emily. Thanks! Those came in handy as I don't think d'hubby will be impressed by cutesy container... hehe..
Bento # 87 - Mixed herb pita bread with french garlic ham, lettuce & capsicum, with flower & roll from sandwich ham and cheddar cheese.
The blue bento box is actually a Mickey Mouse box, which d'hubby said didn't suit his image..... haha. So I tried this round black box below for Bento #88. Looked good. In reality, after I took the photo, I couldn't fit the upper container (with fruits) on top of the lower container although the later wasn't filled to the brim. The upper container takes up almost 1/3 of the bottom container's space. I had to rearrange the items to accommodate that. So it's actually pretty small. No wonder my sis had to bring two of these boxes for lunch.
The blue bento box is actually a Mickey Mouse box, which d'hubby said didn't suit his image..... haha. So I tried this round black box below for Bento #88. Looked good. In reality, after I took the photo, I couldn't fit the upper container (with fruits) on top of the lower container although the later wasn't filled to the brim. The upper container takes up almost 1/3 of the bottom container's space. I had to rearrange the items to accommodate that. So it's actually pretty small. No wonder my sis had to bring two of these boxes for lunch.
Bento # 89 - Bakchang (made by a SIL's grandmother) cut into half to fit in the box, garnished with capsicum & lettuce, mini mandarin oranges and honeydew.
Bento # 90 - chicken curry puff, longan, peanut angku kueh, and mini mandarins.
Bento # 91 - charsiew pau, siumai, prawn wrap, edamame, grapes and mini mandarin.


12 comments:
I'm sorry, I'm bias, the look of the sushi simply superseded the rest! *laugh* Yummy!
All the bentos don't look boring to me at all. :)
All looks very yummy ...feeling hungry now!
Your bentos look great to me, where got boring???
They look great to me. Some ideas for my boys bento when school reopen.
Aiseh! Biblo will have a hard time to follow up with these.... If got competitive Biblo and I sure to loose!
Very colorful thus non-boring! Why ah...? you fishing for compliments ah?
You call that boring? Guess our idea of boring are different or you must have really high standard! I still can't picture BIL eating these at work... LOL!!! I'll interview him when he comes.
With so much variety, it is not boring at all :)
haha... not fishing for compliments lah, Emily. Just that I asked Biblo why didn't make bento lately, and she said she did make, but very boring ones so she didn't want to post. She's always said that adult bento cannot be cutesy, so this is to encourage her that we can make bento without any cute picks, container, puncher etc. See Biblo, so many people said not boring. I'm sure yours are pretty much the same.
And not much cooking either. Other than the sushi, the rest are assembling of sandwiches and just heating up 'tapau' food. So my dear sis has no more excuses to be lazy.... hehe
Ur hubby is so lucky to have u bentoing for him, good wify!
I have to tell you, your bento is beautiful and colourful! I love them all! So lucky of your hubby..all these are packed with love!!
oops. tot u having a bento break due to school hols. haha. that's why long time didnt visit you.
haiyoh, like that also you call boring, ar, sharon. heehee.dont lar throw the curve off the line for the rest of us. I like the one with the grapes in a circle and i especially like bento 86 and 87 !
Post a Comment