Monday, December 29, 2008

Bentos # 94 - Easy Christmas Bentos

I managed to squeeze in another Christmas Bento just before we went off to Singapore for a holiday last week - very easy ones with just sandwiches cutouts, and Girlet doing most of the decors. Also took a shortcut in the form of Christmas Tree Marshmallow (from Cold Storage, KL), which was a real treat for the kids, besides brightening up the bentos.

They had the bentos at home as none of the decorations could've survive a transportation farther than the one from the kitchen to the living room. *_* Here I got them to pose ala Angeleye's Darius with their thumbs up.
For Girlet's bento, she decorated the tree with edible markers (bought from Cake Connection, PJ) and candy coated chocolate sunflower seeds (from US). She is getting a quite handy at making bentos. She also requested to add in the Princess pasta which SIL had just given her. It's adorable with shapes of castle, carriage, flower, slipper, and two princess figures.
Thanks, May, for the Princess pasta. Girlet absolutely loves it. For those who don't know, it was purchase from DaPaolo Gastronomia in Paragon, Singapore at SGD 6 per pack. And thanks for the pack of Winnie the Pooh pasta too.






Babylet had plain white bread. I gave the Santa a bit of texture with the hat, moustache and beard. Girlet chose to put a wink on Santa. Babylet is actually rather fearful of Santa (as was Girlet when she was 2), so she was happy that she can eat up Santa. Silly girl!
Boylet's bento was the easiest as he requested for a snowman. Decided to give the snowman a bowtie to smarten him up ala Arlene's style.

And to Shoppingmum, who asked about the small star cutouts, this was the puncher I used. Not sure of the brand, but got it from the stationery section of Parkson. Have also seen it in Jusco.

11 comments:

Arlene said...

Nice puncher..can make a lot of star eyes + smiling face at one go!

javapot said...

I was also in Spore and got back yesterday! Looking forward to viewing any new bento stuff you got!!! ha ha I will look out for the pasta the next time I am in Paragon.

Like both your santa and snowman bentos.

Btw, can I ask where u got the shape cutter and animal picks for YL? tks

Angeleyes said...

Should have ask you to get me those Pooh pasta!!!!

Anyway, wishing you and your family a Happy 2009!!!

3lilangels said...

Arlene: That's what I thot too.

Javapot: Then you probably realised that going Sg during peak hols meant most things are sold out. Are you starting a blog so we can see what you got as well?

I got those from http://market.wchpeng.com/. She's got the most reasonable prices compared to ebay and other local sellers.

Angeleyes: Well, I do have an extra pack if you want. Got Mickey ones too, but don't have extra for that. How to send to you?

icfamily5 said...

Great Christmas Bento. Will try that for my kids next Christmas. Ha Ha.

By the way, do you know if I can get the Dinosaur Pasta from Singapore?

Who is tAuRus?? said...

No problem :) I saw the pasta and I immediately thought of you! hahahah

3lilangels said...

icfamily5: Got the Dino pasta in Australia. Don't think it's available in Sg yet

Taurus: Pasta mania is on!

Angeline said...

Aiyo!!!! I love the Santa!!!!!

I would give it 2 thumbs up too!

kel said...

I love ur X'mas bentos, looked so much better than mine, I was lack of creativity now ;p

By any chance, do u have an extra pack of princess pasta for little girl?

That puncher is cool, I'll go get 1 soon.

Anonymous said...

cute..nya....this means I must make a trip to Spore like very soon!!

shoppingmum said...

I want that puncher! :P

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie