Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fancy Sushi for dinner

I was bowled over by Kel's fancy sushi here. And she has very kindly translated the tutorial she got from a Mandarin website to English. Thanks again Kel!
When I showed the pic to the kids to show them what they'll be having for dinner, Boylet wasn't keen on the flower. So I googled and managed to find one with a boat instead here.

And my product... not too good, looked more like a flagpole than a boat... haha. But I give myself a pass for a first attempt *thick skin ^_^*. The flag was ebikko mixed with rice with a filament stick in the middle, and the pole and 'boat' was egg. My eldest sis, took one look and said "What for!" What a party pooper.
That's what the kids had for dinner: fancy sushi, ebikko/filament stick maki, baby octopus gunkanmaki, seaweed/tofu soup and fruits - watermelon, rockmelon and honeydew.
Of course, Babylet came running when she saw the camera. And here she is with her current favourite pose.

12 comments:

Our Story said...

very nice sushi.

Biblo said...

Boat, ah? If you say so lor.... HAHAHAHA!

javapot said...

Nice, I don't think I can roll sushi so neatly, let alone a flag pole or boat!

kel said...

U r always welcome, I like to share too! Anyway, thanks for urs new link there.

The boat ook cute, and wat a big sushi! :)

So did u make the flower sushi for the girls? So wonderful, having a Jap dinner.

Who is tAuRus?? said...

Why Amanda's hand got so many rubberbands leh? hhehehe

Emily said...

Boat? Its a Sailboat lah! you cant see ah?

Sharon! Its more than 'Pass' pretty darn good for a first try! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Angeline said...

aiyo! I'm salivating!

2xMum said...

it's nice and looks yummy leh!

Rachel said...

you are amazing!

laundryamah said...

oh wow! did the kids finish the food??? i'm just too kiasu, cos all the hardwork n if they don't finish,,grrrrrr hahahhaha

3lilangels said...

The kids did finish their food. Even Babylet tried a maki, so I was pretty happy.

Kel: I have bad judgement, so the boat maki just got bigger and bigger. In the end I ran out of rice to make the flower maki. *_*

Unknown said...

YOu know, your 2 girls looks like korean/japanese children. Cute!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie