Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Presents from Blogging friends

I just realised that it's the 31st of December today, and I've still got lots of backlogged posts on the kids' concert, holiday programme and stuff. Waiseh!

Anyway, we just got back on Monday after 5 days in Singapore and 2 days in Johor.


In Singapore, I met up with YL for a continuation of our Bento Swap. She is so efficient, and has posted what I got her in her blog here. And she is so lovely to get us our favourite - shaped pasta - Christmas Pasta from Muji, and Disney Cars pasta. She bought the pasta earlier on which was a good thing as they were all sold out when I was there. Lesson learnt - mustn't shop 2 days before Christmas, or after weekend / public holiday as shops like Daiso / Muji will have their cute stuff swept clean.
She also included mini Hello Kitty containers, which can be locked together or used separately. Cool! Thanks heaps, YL. Earlier on when I posted up the picture of the various egg moulds from 100 yen shop, IL (Family of 5) requested that I get her the moulds. Was glad that the Taman Desa branch stocked up the week before I went to Singapore. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get the mini Pooh Bear containers for her. Another efficient blogger, she has blogged about it here.

What I didn’t expect was for her to give me a box of bento things. So paiseh!!! See the nice box with a ribbon and a nice card - Babylet claimed it as her Christmas present. *_*There were so many things in the box. A bento box for each kid, pretty cupcake liners, long wooden fruit skewers and a 4-in-1 sandwich cutter. I had planned to buy the last item from Takashimaya, so was very happy to get it from Irene. Thank you very much.

So glad to have met up with both of you and to put a face to your blogs. Wishing you both and everybody a Happy New Year. Despite the gloomy economy, let's make 2009 a happy bento-licious year.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi hi! those mini kittykat containers are CUTESY! and so is Babylet!

icfamily5 said...

Agreed with Emily. Babylet is so sweet and cute.

Hope you like those Bento items.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie