Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ox themed bentos for CNY

I'm jumping into the fray by making ox-themed bentos in conjunction with Ox Year this Chinese New Year.

Bento #105 is an ox onigiri for Girlet, with salmon sausage and corn. Thanks to shoppingmum for the idea of using the bone pick for the ox's horn. Saved me lots of time. I made the ox from a Pikachu (pokemon) rice mould and moved the ears down to resemble an ox. Was late and didn't have time to shell edamame, so the middle portion of the bento was left empty. Bento # 106 - A simple cow made of cheese on top of sandwiches, with salmon sausage, broccoli and corn. Lastly Bento # 107 was a snack bento for Boylet. It contained an ox made from quail egg, ham and spaghetti strip. Surrounded the ox with various farm animals cut out from bread & cheese. Corn, salmon sausage and a rooster pick completed the bento .
GONG XI FA CAI to everyone.

7 comments:

Angeline said...

I laughed in amazement when I saw the first photo... but my favourite are the mini breads with cheese....

shoppingmum said...

The first bento is cute, I really like that eyes of the moo.

Rachel said...

hat off to you!!! all the 3 bentos are so cute!!! Your creativity never runs out!!

Angeleyes said...

Happy Moooooo Year to you and your family!!!

I also did a Moo Bento @ bentofun.info (my new bento site).

Bento Pet said...

Hey mummy! Update! U've been missing long enough!

allthingspurple said...

Those moo cows are so adorable, aren't they? I did 3 too, but yet to post my 3rd one. 2 weeks overdue posts.How bad is that? haha!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

You are super creative on all your Bento, will frequently drop by to steal some good ideas from here as I just started to prepare bento for my kids.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie