Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bentos # 96 - Flossy Sandwiches

This was made for the second day of school. I had wanted to make potato salad only to find out that we're out of potatoes *kicking myself*. Asked Girlet what she wanted and she requested for meat floss sandwich. The only thing I could think of to cute-ify it is to make a cheese lion face. Added a sleepy baby quail egg, corn, brocolli & brocolli flower (so pretty rite?), and grapes under the egg and vege. So simple but still took me 30 mins to prepare..... how to be faster?


Also made hubby's breakfast bento, which took another 10 mins. Only he forgot to bring it with him. So I ate up the egg tart as it was already 2 days old and the brocolli flower. Kept the rest in the fridge for the next day.

14 comments:

Jess said...

my girls also love to eat meat floss with bread!

Arlene said...

Pretty brocolli flower!

javapot said...

Nice lion and sleeping baby!

shoppingmum said...

You cut the quail egg very nicely leh, really really cute.

Angeline said...

Superb!

LittleByLittle said...

And How Do you cut the quail egg!!??? Cutesy! special cutter?

allthingspurple said...

me too leh. each time I want to fix something, I discover I am out of it. haha.absolutely love your brocolli flower!

Angeleyes said...

I think I better start to do planning for my bento! LOL I always do the 'scavenger' style... make do with whatever I can find in the house!

icfamily5 said...

It's pretty indeed. Like the lion head pork floss bread. Any copyrights? Hehe

DG said...

Oohh.. love the lion! :)

3lilangels said...

Thanks everyone! No copyrights lah. In fact, I'm copying someone... only can't remember who at the moment. *sigh* Sign of getting older? Shoppingmom did a much neater variation of this, so go check out her blog.

Emily, I used a multi cutter to cut the quail egg. Will show you when you come collect your edamame. Need me to send to you?

LittleByLittle said...

cld u sms me yr addy and I call u before coming over..?

Rachel said...

you got amazing fingers!!

It must not be easy cutting the face of the quail!!!

Unknown said...

great bentos...very impressed with the dog charsiewpow, lion, and ox faces.

You have made a quantum leap!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie