For this bento, I used the egg moulds for quail eggs. You can see a faint rabbit and bear picture on the eggs. Sorry, bad photography. In real life, the imprint is more obvious. Click the pic to see an enlarged version of the pic.
Lunch consisted of fried bee hoon, crabstick and edamame on picks, and 2 quail eggs. The rabbit container that the carrots (and some extra edamame) were in is actually a rice mould. Also some sauce in the Hello Kitty container. Was very bad at judging the proportion of food. Packed too much bee hoon and vegie, as girlet came back with half of the noodles and carrots leftover.
These are the egg moulds for the quail eggs. Couldn't take clear pics of the eggs using the mould on the left. In hind sight, should have bought another set of mould instead. I like egg moulds that change the shape of the eggs, rather than just imprinting pics on the eggs. Yay, more reason to shop.....hehe.......
After the previous post's disaster, retried using the egg moulds using larger eggs. Better results, drumroll....ta da....

These are the egg moulds for the quail eggs. Couldn't take clear pics of the eggs using the mould on the left. In hind sight, should have bought another set of mould instead. I like egg moulds that change the shape of the eggs, rather than just imprinting pics on the eggs. Yay, more reason to shop.....hehe.......
Boylet's lunch - dino shaped strawberry jam sandwich (with some leaf shaped ones as their food), bear egg, soy sauce in Hello Kitty container, and Hello Kitty bento box. Don't you agree I was in dire straits to buy bento things suitable for little boys? Hehe.....
Only managed to take a picture of 1 egg, as the rest were gone in a flash. Shapes that I have are rabbit, bear, car, fish, heart and star. Bought from ebay and came in sets of 2, as pictured below. Then I saw the same heart and star egg moulds in Daiso, for only SGD 2. Of course must grab them, can always give as presents to friends, right?



5 comments:
where did u get the quail egg molds, fish & car & bear n bunny egg molds? i like those. but cant find in Sg.
YL
Hi YL. I got them through ebay, so paid a big premium for them. If you know anyone going to Japan, they are sold in Ichiban Kan for 100 or 200 yen for set of 2. In US, they are USD1.50 a set.
I bought some stuff through ebay before I found out about Daiso through your blog. Thanks again for your tip.
oh my gdness... you found the heart & star egg molds in Daiso??? WOW...which Daiso did you go to can tell me pweese....
U went to the Daiso at Plaza Sing? if u hv the chance to come Sg again, go to the daiso at Vivo City. i find they now have more bento stuff than PS
YL
I think all three Daiso branches have the heart and star egg molds. But run out very fast. So really depending on your luck. I got mine from IMM, took all 3 sets that were there.
Post a Comment