Have new toys, must play right? So this is the product using the Hello Kitty rice mould set. Turned out quite well. The girlet was most impressed. I offered to make for the boylet too, but he refused. Still he looked a bit green when he saw this....... oopsie...

The main compartment has steamed eggrolls (fishpaste and ham fillings), green pandan and milk jelly, and hello kitty carrots. Girlet ate everything except the capsicum bow and flower.
4 comments:
So cute...! Did she bite on the capsicum? Too hot for her?
I don't think capsicum is hot, is it? She just doesn't like the taste. Her father also doesn't eat capsicum, or most of the other vegie, in fact. He's a lost cause. hehehe... I'll keep working on the kids.
wow...ur hello kity rice so nice :)
u used japanese rice? do we need to put any vinegar or seasoning on it? sorry, i'm new in this..hehe
1mum : yes, japanese rice is stickier than the normal long-grain ones, so can retain the shape better. I did put in some sushi vinegar, to kill germs and to make the onigiri look glossier. But the traditional onigiri/ riceballs are simply moulded with salted hands.
Check out this site about onigiri etc. http://www.justhungry.com/2003/12/obento.html
Post a Comment