Monday, June 30, 2008

Bento # 6 - lion head noodles

This was my first attempt at making lion head, last month. Saw it in Bento Corner. Was in a rush and forgot about the whiskers. Also didn't have the animal face puncher yet, and the animal mouth that I cut freehand turned out so cacat, decided to make a smiling mouth instead.
Contents : Leftover wonton noodles, boiled wonton, fried wonton, edamame on picks, a boy fishball, tomato ketchup in Hello Kitty container and grapes.
Girlet loved this and requested to the same everytime I packed noodles for her. The lion's face can be made from eggs or hanpen fishcake. In this bento, I used cheese but now think the blend of tastes might be strange. A cute friend thought that the edamame was petai..... haha. If I packed petai, I think the girlet will run a mile away.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

That's a cute lion! I remembered I saw this in Bento corner. One of these days I will do this too :)

Elsie said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on Mia's blog.

These are such great ideas for kiddie food, I must really try it for Mia too. She has turned into a very poor eater lately.

Lc from SA

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie