Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bento # 9 - Animal Pasta

This is girlet's lunch today. Animal pasta, tossed with a little evoo and lots of cheese. Also added animal shape carrot and cheese in main compartment. In the smaller container, is a pig silicon cup filled with animal shaped ham, as well as animal picks for the grapes.

The verdict : Girlet ate everything except for the broccoli, which is strange as that is one vegie she usually eats. The maid said it's because the broccoli are normally stir fried, so more tasty, while these were blanched with the pasta. Next time, I'll pack some thousand island sauce for her to dip in.



Later, I found out that Girlet didn't eat the pasta by herself.


Girlet : I like the animal pasta. Can I have it again? All my friends also like them.

Me : Oh, did you share? I thought you ate them all yourself.

Girlet : Erm..... I gave one elephant to SL and one tortoise to SM.

Me : Okay. You didn't give any to your partner?

Girlet : Oh...... I gave him a lion.

Me : What about the new girl behind you? What's her name?

Girlet : Yeah.... I gave JX a giraffe.

Me : So how many did you give away?

Girlet : Only 6..... looking at my raised eyebrow........ er ...... I think 8.......er maybe 9......


LOL. I think she gave a piece to each of her friends - must be a novelty. Better pack more next time.

Pasta Zara, animal shaped pasta, bought from Singapore.



Also bought transportation and wheat shaped.





















Also got Disney pasta, in shape of Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh, as seen in Our Story. So very cute, right?

9 comments:

Biblo said...

LOL!!! She is so cute... good that she is sharing. Did they speak english or mandarin in class?

Our Story said...

so nice of ur girl to share her pasta. can try visit Muji at Marina Sq if u come Sg during xmas season. they hv xmas theme pasta

YL

3lilangels said...

Biblo, they're suppose to speak mandarin only, but being in the 'banana' class, they do speak English to each other. Even the teacher has to resort to English when too many kids look blank. hehe

Thanks YL, will put that down my wishlist.

LZmommy said...

Thank you for visiting my kids' blog :)

I am impressed with your creation :) Are you one of the mommies in the bento group that I created in facebook? :)

LZmommy said...

Have you joined facebook? If not, would you like to give me your email addy then I can invite you? :)

1mum said...

u got this zara pasta from great world city?

3lilangels said...

I got the Zara Pasta from Carrefour in Plaza Singapura at SGD 2.80 a pack (500g). But it is also sold in most NTUC and Cold Storage, though is slightly more expensive at CS.

At Great World City, you can get the Disney Pasta (2 designs -Mickey & co, and Winnie the Pooh) from Da Paolo Gastronomia (SGD10.00for 500g pack, or SGD6.00 for 250g pack).

Hope that helps.

1mum said...

yes yes...thanks you so much for the info:)

Par said...

Yup cute pasta!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie