Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bento # 35 - pita bread

Bought pita bread for a change. Since d'hubby didn't want to be anti-social and eat lunch by himself in the office, offered to make him a mid-morning snack instead. His pita bread was filled with ham, bacon, cheese and carrots. No lettuce because ran out, and no tomatoes because he won't eat them.... hehe. There was some space in the bento box, hence added in a piece of Layer Cake which he bought from Jakarta. Was going to cut some papayas too, when he commented "Is this for snack or lunch? Why so much?". So left it as it was. Girlet's bento had pita bread as well, but only half. The other half I had for breakfast with the same ingredients as d'hubby's. For girlet's bento, instead of ham & bacon, I shredded some leftover chicken cooked with 'kicap manis' or sweet sauce, then topped with cheese and carrots. Quartered the pita bread to fit in the box. There were some extra chicken, so packed into a silicon cup. Also added 3 quail eggs shaped as bunny, chick and car, cubed cream cheese, mini steamed chocolate cupcake and papaya. Some smiley faces fruit & vegie dividers kept the food apart.
Experimenting taking pics of the bento box from different angles. Did this photo look too congested? How about from the top? Which photo do you prefer?

7 comments:

allthingspurple said...

I like the shoot from the top. Can see the triangles very clearly.

hey, thanks for your reply about the blog reader. Yours is from your own template, so I can't apply to mine. But it's okay. Mumsgather had emailed me about how to import the tool from outsource. I will try that when I have some me-time. But thanks for letting me know about how yours came about. Wish my template has it, makes it all the easier

Kilrothi said...

The shot from above lets you see the foods really clearly, but I like the shot from the side, since you can see the cute food dividers (and you can still see the food, just not as clearly).

Our Story said...

I like the pic from top. can see the quail egg shape clearly. the car is nice.

YL

Emily said...

If I told you that both pictures look lovely? will you make me the same bento contents? LOL

Personally, I prefer from the top angle!

Rachel said...

I prefer the pic taken from the top..can see the quail eggs and everything much better.

Wow! Your girlet really got very good appetite!! But who won't with such yummy food prepared by mommy, right?!

3lilangels said...

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I prefer the shot from the top as well. The side shot is just too messy looking.

Btw Rachel, girlet's bento has a lot of food because it is for lunch, not just recess. She's in the second session which starts at 11.20 am. Next year, when she's in early morning session, will have to scale down her bento for just mid-morning snack.

Sue Sue said...

Hmmmm... I think the one shot from above looks more like a pro shot. Hahaha

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie