Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bento # 39 and # 40

Bento # 39 consisted of tri-coloured spirals with ham, carrots, button mushrooms and cheese sauce, decorated with baby corn. For protein, baked honey chicken drumstick from the frozen stash. The top container had apples cut with a Winnie the Pooh cookie cutter, Pooh cookies made by girlet herself, and steamed baby carrots, baby corn and broccoli.
And I made cheese sauce for her pasta because thought she might be bored with tomato based sauces. But girlet only ate half of the pasta, and requested for tomato sauce the next time. Girlet said that the first thing she ate was the pooh biscuit because she made it. Maybe next time I'll get her to make cheese sauce herself so she'll eat it all up.
Bento # 40 is very simple. Udon with Hello Kitty fishcake, and steamed vegies. While I went to get the camera to take a shot of this bento, girlet and babylet 'stole' some of the fishcake and left only one piece. I took the pic anyway, which turned out to be a good move because after I cut more fishcake, and filled a sauce container with thousand island, girlet's transport to kindy arrived early. So stuffed everything into the bento bag together with a banana. I packed more vegies, and less of everything else as I thought she might be more inclined to eat vegies with fewer options. But the plan backfired with girlet eating barely half of the vegies. She'd rather go hungry. Sigh.....

6 comments:

Sue Sue said...

Hmmmm... where you get tat cute Hello Kitty fishcake ah? I wouldn't be able to find in Jusco and Isetan?

3lilangels said...

I got it from Jusco. Seen it in both Midvalley and 1 Utama, but usually weekends only. And quite costly, RM12 for a small pack.

Emily said...

Forget the pooh bear and kitty kat items, I want the drumstick!!!

LZmommy said...

Very neat bento :)
I realised kids prefer tomato based sauce than creamy sauce.

3lilangels said...

Emily : I cooked drumstick again last nite. There's one here waiting with your name on it. *_*

lzmommy : hehe.... trying my best to be neat.
Yeah, probably tomato sauce is saltier.

Rachel said...

impressive! Your girl can bake too? My girls love the HK fishcake too and thats the first they attack everytime its being serve.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie