Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bento # 42 and # 43- More leftovers

Had another mini celebration for babylet at her music class. Bought Dunkin Donuts' munchkins and mini shaped jellies to distribute to her classmates. Had a few leftover, which went into girlet's bento on Wed. On the left, 3 pieces of munchkins, car egg, and 2 pieces of nuggets. On the right were bear jelly, steamed corn with butter, cereals and tomato sauce. This is the first and last time she would be getting those coloured cereals. Although the kids loved them, I'm not too keen on the colouring.

Since school hols is next week, I'm not cooking anything new for bento. Instead focusing on clearing leftovers and frozen stash. So, dare I say this - another leftover bento. Poor girlet, she's getting leftovers all week.

Top container : Munchkins, squirrel shaped jelly and golden kiwi. Bottom container : Hello Kitty onigiri, but didn't want to open new packet of nori, so no face, just scattered with sakura denbu. Stewed soy sauce drumstick (I was thinking of you, Emily, when I packed this, hehe), and stir fried mixed vegies made up of carrots, sweetpeas, cauliflower and young lotus root.

Girlet had been having lotus root & peanut soup since young but didn't like the lotus root itself. When I saw some young lotus root at the wet market, decided to get that for stir frying. And girlet loved it, said it was crunchy and sweet. Yay! Another option for bento! Unfortunately, boylet and babylet refused to try it.

6 comments:

Biblo said...

LOL!!! You were thinking of Emily while packing the drumstick? HAHAHAHA!!! Why?

Emily said...

Woo! Thank you for the thought! but I prefer action! LOL!

Amazing! Girlet ~ lotus root! I love them too! How long did you need to stir fry them? from raw stage or par-boiled? I only cook them in soup so far.

JK said...

Hubby hates the coloring too. I have to be very careful not to include anything with not natural colors in my children's diet.

3lilangels said...

Dear sis, the past few times I packed drumstick, Emily would zoom in on it. Haha....

Emily, I stir fry the lotus root for about 3 mins, from raw stage, so they remain crisp. I like them fried with sambal too. Yummers!

Jo-n, I know what you mean. The coloured cereal was given to girlet by an elderly relative. I didn't want to tell girlet she can't have it because it's bad for her just in case she tell the relative. And also have to let girlet eat some, just in case the relative ask. So girlet had some, now I can dispose of the rest quietly. Aiyoh, the politics of family life....

Rachel said...

I don't like the coloured cereals too but the kids love it so once in a while, I will give in to them.

mommy of 3 angels said...

all your food looks too good to chomp dowm!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie