Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bento # 41 - leftovers from babylet's party

Babylet's birthday party became an impromptu egg moulding session. Unfortunately didn't have the correct size egg on hand, (normally buy from the wet market as size M in supermarket is too small). Hence the fish egg turned out without a tail! But my friends all ooh and ahh over it. The quail eggs turned out better. A friend's fussy 2 yr old promptly ate them up. May have converted a few people to kawaiiness... haha.....
Bento 41 consisted mainly of leftovers from babylet's party only redressed. On the left were tulip shaped sausage, chicken meatballs halved and skewered with halved cherry tomato (with seeds scooped out per girlet's instruction), and tailless fish egg. On the right were heart shaped cheese and kaya sandwich, and heart shape layer cake. Beneath the layer cake was a mini croissant with cheese (got boylet to bite one end off to fit in the box). A banana completed the bento.

4 comments:

allthingspurple said...

like the way u say "tailless fish egg" hee hee.

you know, you may want to get a banana case to stop the banana from bruising. Check out the bento category in my blog or our bento facebook. I put one up there before. One thing my kids hate is bruised banana. Hope I don't sound too kepoh.

Par said...

So cute, even the banana is cute ...heehehe

3lilangels said...

Allthingspurple - I've seen the banana case in your blog and have checked out ebay. Too expensive, still waiting for it to be under auction. I actually tucked the banana into an oshibori case. Only works for pisang emas!

ms._____2 be! - Everything has to be mini to match a 6 yr old's size. ^_*

Rachel said...

I still couldn't managed to cut into nice tulip shapes, how did you do it? yours is so neat.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie