
Hehe..... this bento was from some time ago. Didn't post earlier as the bento was kind of a visual disaster. Had wanted to make a flower quail egg. It was fine as I cut it, but when transferring from the cutting board to the bento box, the yolk crumbled. Also tried to cut the sotong balls into a flower, probably not enough petals, or not enough space because they did not open up nicely. I tug at the sotong ball and the egg went lopsided. I rearrange the egg and the sotong ball clamped up again. After too much time of poking and prodding, finally got fed up. I quickly took a photo, thinking that this was another not-good-enough-to-post bento. They've been plenty. Then while playing around with this presentation, thought of salvaging this photo, because I did like the colours. The rubik cube did a good job in covering the flaws. I want to stress that tastewise, it was a winner as girlet cleaned the bento box. Hehe... did that sound a tad defensive?
Oops, almost forgot. This bento had white rice drenched with sauce, prawnball, sotong ball, quail egg, flower shaped carrots and part of a mandarin orange.



5 comments:
Thunderous applause booming here! So clever one! My, I have the same cubic effect for my bento today too (and for the same reason!)
Sometimes my bento doesn't look nice I will still post it. Afterall, it is for our kids to remember what they had right? :)
Anyway, this bento looks great! :) I think maybe your standard too high. Hehehe...
Emily : haha. Great minds think alike! Hopping over to your blog to check out your bento now.
clap! clap ! clap !
ha ha. Me too, sometimes I know that the bento for my kids is only roll up cheese sandwich and nuggets, not exactly a bento and nothing much to look at, but it's what she would eat, so into the bento box it goes!
can't tell how the bento was like but one thing for sure is I like your cubic effect! Nice!
Post a Comment