Thursday, August 7, 2008
Bento # 37
Bento # 37 consisted of maki, with crabstick and egg fillings; inari with rice, egg and QP mayo-the slight saltiness of this mayo balance out the sweetness of the inari, although did rinse to reduce the sweetness; eggroll with crabstick; edamame; crabmeat on stick, and dragonfruit.
Girlet had the task of cutting shapes with the dragonfruit. She chose heart and star shapes. After finish cutting, she said "Now I can relak jack". I glanced at her, surprised by her choice of words. She saw the glance and said "Daddy taught me all the wrong things, is it?" Well, I did think of that, but didn't know she was perceptive enough to get it from one glance. So I gave a slight laugh. She responded "Why you laugh? I'm very cute, is it?". And there you are : a wordless conversation on my part. Moral learned : Never underestimate your kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Thanks for the link to the egg yolk molds. Many people had emailed asking where to purchase one so I put the link on my blog.
LOL!! Very cute indeed!
Kids learn very fast!
Haha! Your girl is cute indeed!
oh.girlet is so cute !!!
and she even knows it. ha ha.
love your bento of today. lots of food. If I were to do maki, I won't have time for inari already or the others save for slicing up fruits. I can only afford one home cook stuff in my bento at any one time. ha ha. I only have 15 to 20 minutes including slicing fruits and washing up.
Lisa, my pleasure. I've enjoyed looking at Maisie's bentos.
Yes, girlet is cute, and also very 'perasan'.... hehe...
Allthingspurple, the only thing I cooked in the morning was the rice. Everything else is from the fridge/freezer. Things like the fried crabmeat and egg roll with crabstick are cooked and frozen, which is why they keep popping up in various bentos. It's too 'leceh' to cook a variety of food in small quantity for each bento, lah.
she is cute..like the little worm in mummy's tummy..knows exactly what mommy is thinking.
Post a Comment