Monday, October 6, 2008
Bento # 60 - Piggy bento
Girlet and Boylet are back to kindy today after the Hari Raya holidays last week. In fact, Girlet had the whole week off, so she was really lazy to go to school today. So, as encouragement, let her bring a fun pig bento today. The pig pau is very cute, huh? Of course not made by me. But looks easy to duplicate. Another item for my ever expanding to-try list.... *_*
Pig shaped pau, fish tofu, fishpaste wrapped with filament stick, Japanese fishcake stuffed with filament stick, pig container with sweet sauce, and grapes. Too bad I didn't have any pig picks, so have to make do with bears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
where on earth you bought the piggy pau???????? I think my boy will be so happy to have one! LOL
oooh so cute! love all of your bento ideas!
so cute. does ur girl eat the lettuce u used in the background in the bento?
YL
wow..your bento is getting better and better!! Ya..where did you get that cute piggy pau??? or did you make them yourself!!!???
I falling in love with yours :)
CUTESY! Wonder if they have a pink pig pau!
Yah, also want to know if girlet eats all the greens!
Wahaha! A piggy theme is hilarious, especially with the pig bao. My son would laugh so hard if he sees one of these in his bento.
Too cute to be eaten! If I make it, I will ask my boi boi dont eat, just show freinds - hahaha!
The pig pau so cute! Would like to try making it too :)
Haha! You got that from my fav 'siew loong pau' shop! Lovely!
You have awesome kids, to eat so much salad!
Yup, Bento pet got it right. The pau was from a chinese restaurant in B.Utama, which has delicious siew loong pau. Try making it, just a round pau with extra dough for ears & nose, and sesame seed eyes.
As for the greens, that was just a single piece of coral lettuce. Girlet used it to wrap the non-pau items and eat with sweet sauce. But she only ate half the lettuce, the rest made her pet rabbit very happy. And she didn't eat the pau in school. Came home and only eat after I promised to make for her.
Thanks to all for visiting and for your kind comments.
Hi, was at Jo-n's place noticed your callsign. Nice blog.
And you and daughter play the organ or piano?
Before I got married, my resume I wanted, ahemmm, from the woman I marry must be able to play the piano.
But....found one couldn't play, but her Nonya cooking was out of this world....so have to eat, married her, ha ha.
Nice bento you have. Is that enough? Ha ha.
Have a nice day and keep well, Lee.
Hey, cute piggy. I think I must have eaten at that Chinese rest. but can't remember where. I remember their piggy pau though. haha.
Worth getting even if it's to save ourselves a little bit of work.
I saw the piggy pau in Dragon-I too but the kids won't order the item. Don't know why. I too find the pau cute. Good theme you had there. Even the container also piggy. Very talented la.
U.Lee: Thanks for visiting. We play the piano, but will choose Nyonya cooking over piano anytime... hehe. Enjoyed your blog. Very well written, like a novel.
Allthingspurple: I couldn't remember the restaurant's name either, so good thing Jessie came through. Yup! It's Dragon-I. Busy mommy like you, and culinarily challenged like me need all the help we can get. *_*
Jessie: *blush* I just buy the pau only lah.... though my hubby think I'm very talented at spending money.. LOL...
Love the piggy pau! So cute!
Post a Comment