Monday, October 20, 2008

Bento # 69 - Spinach Noodles and coloured eggs

Girlet's bento for today consisted of spinach noodles (thanks to Emily for introducing it to me), various steamed fishball/fishpaste/filament stick, and coloured quail eggs.

I read with interest on how Blessed Mom coloured eggs with blueberry juice here, and tried with Ribena blackcurrant juice. The egg turned nicely purple, though it was slightly too big for the bunny mould and the face broke somewhat. The yellow chick was soaked in turmeric/curry, and turned out very well.
Girlet was very happy to have her favourite colour purple in the bento.

4 comments:

icfamily5 said...

Nice Bento. How I wish I can make one like yours. I guess my boys will be very happy.
When they saw all your bento post, they always go wah wah wah.

Angeleyes said...

It did not occurred to me to use juices but I don't keep any at home either! Maybe I should go get a bottle of Ribena for convenience.

Emily said...

Cutessyyy! nice colors!

As always, glad to be of service!

JK said...

Colored eggs?? How interesting!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie