This is the first pizza I'm packing into a bento. Reason being I had always associated pizza with being piping hot with gooey cheese. But after seeing a few other mommies packing pizza with no complains from their kids, thought I should try out too. And what better time than a Halloween bento. I took the idea of the snake pizza from here. Love this blog, has all sorts of cutest ideas.
The original recipe used bagels. Not having any bagels, I cut out semi-circular shapes on white bread instead. Using some leftover beef bolognaise sauce topped with cheese, these snakes took no time to make at all. I put the pizza in the toaster oven for 5 minutes while I washed and cut the apple into Jack-o-Lantern.
And while the pizza is cooling down, I packed the rest of the bento - a marshmallow ghost which BIL brought from Oz, and a Snickers o'Lantern. Unfortunately, being clumsy, I dislodged the snake while transferring into the bento box. See how the snake have gaps which was earlier held together by cheese. And the second snake was slightly too long so Girlet got to eat the tail first for breakfast. So the final bento had 1 and 2/3 snakes.



7 comments:
ur pizza must be great since ur girl ask for another pizza bento. gd looking snake
Won't the snake be askew by the time she reach school cos I notice the bento is loosely packed, unless your kid holds the bento box gingerly and at level at all time, but juggling with a schoolbag may it not be quite a task?
Hope u don't think i am being kepoh.
It's a great bento, nevertheless, even if it won't work on my kid's school lunch.
And what a creative idea to do a snake from pizza !!
By the way, Sharon, you may want to know that lunchinabox has a post today on how to keep the food ensconced in the bento box, you know, those little flowers and grass? They use mayo or liquidy egg and they packed the bento box tightly. I have found it interesting and thought you may want to check it out too. Again, hope u don't think I am being kepoh. I am also still learning from veterans like lunchinabox and Japanese bento bloggers
Nice snake bento!
But my boy dont fancy pizza so i also lazy to make! LOL
wahhh... cool snakey! :)
Love the snake and the jack-o-lantern apple! Great job... u mean Halloween is now celebrated in Malaysia? Good idea for Ching Meng!!
BTW, can some one refresh my memory on Halloween? Why and How?
wow! Love the snake!!! u are so full of ideas! And the apple craving, so well done!!!
Got a tag for you on my boy's blog. Thanks.
Post a Comment