Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bento # 61 - all about cars

Found a picture of a bento, languishing away in another camera. You reckon it's the early signs of Alzheimer? From the picture, it was easy to tell that the bento was made about three weeks ago, during puasa period and mid-autumn festival. Contents: Car shaped sandwiches, three layers with nutella and cheese; two car shaped quail eggs; car shaped cup with dates, raisins and apricot. And the jelly mooncake which was given by someone.

The car shaped cutter is actually for vegetables, but I found it to be the perfect size for the 2 and 4 year old. The 2 year old can eat a whole bunch of these bread cutouts, which she would otherwise reject. She likes her bread plain, with the cheese at the side.
By the way, the raisins and apricots are organic. The non-organic dried fruits are usually preserved with sulfur to maintain the colour. Unfortunately sulfur triggers boylet's eczema and gives me puffed up lips, which is sexy but super itchy... hehe.... For more info on dried apricots, check this link.

6 comments:

Family First said...

Oh, can you pls tell me where to find the car moulds for the bread & eggs please please? My son is crazy over cars!

Anonymous said...

wow, many mummies are into bentoing now. I'm also one of them, but just start!

3lilangels said...

Hi, family first. I got it from Daiso at SGD 2 a pack. Was in a pack with two other cutters, dog and fish. See this link http://growingfunwith3lilangels.blogspot.com/2008/06/more-on-things-i-bought-at-daiso.html, the cutter is in pic #10. Your boy will like this other cutter from Daiso, in pic #7. See the nice cutouts and imprints here http://growingfunwith3lilangels.blogspot.com/2008/06/transportation-themed-lunch.html

3lilangels said...

lovely mummy: Thanks for visiting. Happy bentoing and have a good time shopping for bento tools.

Angeleyes said...

love the small cars! so cute! where did you get the cutter from???

JK said...

I have heard so much about Daiso and so, when I went to Singapore, I had the chance to get some things there (have just blogged about it) Really, I wanted to buy more, but stopped. Haha. Love this bento so much. My boys would love this, I'm pretty sure about it.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie