Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bento # 68 - Hello Kitty's Photo Frame

This bento features a new cookie cutter from Daiso, which I bought recently during the Hari Raya break. When I saw it, my first thought was of a photo frame. So that's the background story of today's bento - photo frame with Hello Kitty's pic.
If I were more artistic, it would be cool to draw Girlet's pic on cheese with food markers instead. But then that'll take me 2 hours instead of 10 mins to make this bento ^_^. I had wanted to cut out little cheese & ham flowers to decorate the frame, and roll the ham into matching flowers. But was tired (read - lazy), so she ended up with a plain frame and a simple ham 'fold'. As the ham was Garlic Ham, packed a Mentos mint to prevent garlicky breath. Also included her current favourite champagne grapes.

Been packing a lot of Nutella sandwiches for Girlet recently. Reason being Nutella is cheaper in Singapore, even after currency conversion. The kiasu me, of course bought the biggest bottle the last couple of times there (which has been quite frequent since the advent of bento mania). Now, the kids have to finish the bottles before the expiry date....hehe.. Although I do have a mind to make this delicious looking Nutella Frosted Cupcakes by Kookyculinary. Next week then, after exams.

11 comments:

Our Story said...

I like ur photo frame idea. nvr tot of that. u shld show the cutter as well, so we hv a clearer pic how it looks like

YL

kel said...

Little girl will definitely love this, Hello Kitty and My Melody are her favorite lately.

Biblo said...

You sure are full of ideas... That's a nice photo frame!

Emily said...

The pic in the photoframe is very nice! No improvement needed!

Blur Mommy said...

The photo frame is so cute!!

Family First said...

All you bento mommies are so creative!

Angeleyes said...

That was a nice bento!
I still have not shop for any ham to-date... must finish all the sausages first... can't give my boy too much processed food too often and I don't like to eat them myself... :P

Rachel said...

creative mommy! beautiful!! *clap clap*

JK said...

Good idea and it looks neat and nice. You live in JB? Both my parents are JB born but shifted to Northern Johor before I was born. So, I'm a Johorean too.

allthingspurple said...

and what a pretty photo frame too !

but err..the food marker is like just a colour pencil...no need 2 hours kuah?

3lilangels said...

Thank you all for your compliments.

Jo-N: No, I now live in KL, though my parents and 2 siblings are in Johor.

Allthingspurple: Well, food marker is easy to use, but my drawing skills is so cacat, especially if I attempt to draw Girlet...haha...

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie