For Girlet's bento, I strip the chicken thigh meat and mixed with the rice. On top, I placed 3-D carrot flowers and sweet peas cut into stalks and leaves. More vege and protein in the form of fish balls and yellow/red cherry tomatoes skewed on a pick. I cut the papaya into cubes and topped with two pieces of flower papaya just for fun.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Bento # 73 - A bouquet for a girl
This was Thursday's bento. Made from leftover chicken rice ala claypot style. We love this meal, delicious and very easy to make, just marinate and dump everything into the rice cooker and voila! An all-in meal with carbs, protein and vege inside. And high on the kids' list of favourites too.
For Girlet's bento, I strip the chicken thigh meat and mixed with the rice. On top, I placed 3-D carrot flowers and sweet peas cut into stalks and leaves. More vege and protein in the form of fish balls and yellow/red cherry tomatoes skewed on a pick. I cut the papaya into cubes and topped with two pieces of flower papaya just for fun.
The fishballs looked remarkably like eggs, didn't they?
For Girlet's bento, I strip the chicken thigh meat and mixed with the rice. On top, I placed 3-D carrot flowers and sweet peas cut into stalks and leaves. More vege and protein in the form of fish balls and yellow/red cherry tomatoes skewed on a pick. I cut the papaya into cubes and topped with two pieces of flower papaya just for fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I thought they were quail eggs. :)
I like this bento arrangement and I'm yet to do something so flowery.
Very nice... Girlet must be very happy.
What lovely blooms! Very healthy plant you got there!
One pot meals are so easy and yet so tasty!
What a pretty bento !
Each time I wanted to do this, I am either out of carrots or snap peas or green peppers. haha.
I have only ever done the skewer fishball tomatoes thingy for Kimberly's teachers day party and totally forgot about it till now. Thanks for the nudge.
bentou-ing is such fun for us moms, isn't it?
love the flowers, very pretty
Nice bento...My girl will like it.. I must learn from you..
hey hey...i've just sped read the whole of ur blog and realised I did pop by before..of course without realising it's YOURS! Great to hv caught up with ya today. Am quite inspired to start practicing my bento making but will b slow la..working ma..
BRAVO!! This is just too beautiful to be eaten!! Really like the flower!! So pretty!!!
I thought was quail egg at first until u mention it's fishball.
Im totally new to this .. so my first stupid question is .. do you boil or steam the carrots & beans first?
What a nice bento. Hope I can make something like yours for my girl when she is older.
Are you the one in black in one of the pic in allthingspurple blog? It's great to know all you mummies.
Thanks everyone for your comments.
family first: I steam the vegies first. I just find it easier to cut that way, especially with cookie cutters.
icfamily5: Can't wait to check out your creations. And yes, that's me. It was a fun gathering!
Post a Comment