Monday, November 24, 2008

Bento # 84 - Stomping Elephants

This bento was from two weeks ago. As it was the last bento for Girlet to bring to Kindergarten, I thought to make a themed bento which she has always enjoyed. I looked at my bento stuff and having found some elephant mould, cutter and sauce container, decided to make a elephant themed bento. This took some planning as I had to make elephant shaped chicken nuggets ahead (see previous post).

Top : Jelly, Elephant container with tomato sauce, edamame and filament stick on elephant picks

Bottom : Elephant nugget, elephant onigiri, with carrots separating them, and coral lettuce to make it look like a jungle. And of course elephant fork and spoon too.
I tried to make the eye and ear for the nugget too, but the seaweed would not adhere as the nugget were not smooth. Couldn't think of how to improve the looks of the elephant nugget, any thoughts?

9 comments:

Angeleyes said...

Woah what an elephany bento!

allthingspurple said...

you are so good at themes. I suck at it.hee..hee

Rachel said...

Wow! nice elephant theme!! The nugget must be a tough job!

btw,got a tag for you here.
http://simnicholas.blogspot.com/2008/11/fantastic-four.html

Angeline said...

Will 'many' sesame seeds make the eye and the ears?
I was thinking maybe if you want it to stick, can always apply a little eye white (as glue) to stick the seeds lor....dunno if it will work *wink*

(I've got a Fantastic Four Tag for you!)

Anonymous said...

wow homemade nuggets! put some sesame/normal cooking oil plus corn flour, that shud do the trick to avoid dry meat..

2xMum said...

The elephant so cuteee!!

Mandy said...

How cute is that??! I have an elephant-crazy girl at my house, I need to try this. You are amazingly creative! Thanks for sharing.:)
-Mandy

LZmommy said...

What a lovely bento! I think the elephant nuggets look great :)

3lilangels said...

Thanks everyone.

Angeline, I think the sesame seeds might just work. Will try it out. Thanks.

Peggy, I'll try out with cornflour instead of plain flour next round. Thanks!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie