Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bento # 16 and # 17

Yesterday's bento. Mini cubed onigiri, made with the mini rice mould from Daiso (can you guess how much I love that place?), crabmeat on a stick and homemade breaded fish & prawn ball, carrots, unshelled edamame and cherries. Two Hello Kitty containers, one with soy sauce, the other with tomato sauce - so she can't complain of the lack of choices.

Another winner - she finished all her food, but I did make sure to pack her favourites. Probably also getting better at judging the food portion.

Today, Tuesday was another busy morning as Babylet had her Kindermusik class. So frozen spaghetti to the rescue. I followed lunchinabox's method of freezing extra spaghetti in a patty tin.
All that was required in the morning was to steam it up and let it cool down enough to pack. I actually defrosted two pieces of chicken nuggets and heated them up in the toaster oven. Unfortunately, I left it in there to cool and forgot to pack it in the rush. Oopsie!! No protein, and the nuggets were suppose to have a dual function of 'weighing down' the spaghetti to prevent less food movement.

I comforted myself that there were protein in the measly bits of minced beef in the spaghetti sauce. And she did have her nuggets when she came home for tea. But nothing can be helped about the spillage. As the girlet couldn't give a clear picture of the state of the bento at lunch, hopefully the divider would have lessen the mess somewhat. Haha, such delusions....
Spaghetti bolognaise, extra sauce in HK container, edamame, grapes, and rice crackers.

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

Haha! You are indeed a Daiso fan! :)
I bought the cube rice mould too but yet to use it. Oh! I love the the look of the prawn & fish ball, so cute! And I like both the bento! :)

Sue Sue said...

Oohh, the bento is just so lovely. Its been a while I didn't prepare any Bento for my kids and all my accessories sort of rot in the storeroom.Hahaha... By the way, is there any Daiso in Malaysia?

Hey wanna ex-change link?

3lilangels said...

lzmommy : Saw the fish ball in a cookbook and thought the bread added texture to it. Of course mine didn't turnout as pretty as the cookbook...^_^

sue sue : thanks for visiting. Unfortunately, there aren't any Daiso in Malaysia. I went to the one in Singapore. Would love to exchange link with you.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie