Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bento # 22 and # 23

Was determined to master the speed bento as advocated by lunchinabox. Hence this bento is mainly made from frozen stash, onigiri and chicken nuggets. Took out the nuggets earlier to defrost in the fridge. Then heated up in the toaster oven. At the same time, heated up the three square onigiri - straight from freezer to the microwave. Immediately coated with 3 different flavour - meatfloss, sakura denby, and nori - because they stick better when the onigiri are still warm and moist. For vege and fruits, packed in some broccoli blanched in salted water, and cherries.
Then realised that there was no space for the ketchup. Rearrange the vegies and there you go. Another bento done, all within 20 minutes. So, my dear 2nd sis, who has so far packed only 2 bentos, if you're lazy to wake up early to cook, suggest you build up a frozen stash as well.


I love to stash spaghetti too as it contains carbohydrate, protein and fiber all in one. Add some pretty cutouts from carrots and cheese, fruits and a snack. My dear sis, that was less than 15 minutes. What I would do differently next time is to pack a green coloured vege or fruit instead. By the way, I added more minced meat to this batch to avoid forgetting the protein again...hehe..



5 comments:

Biblo said...

LOL!! I got up today but took me longer than 1/2 hour to boil 2 eggs, cut my capsicums and onions... I did molded one egg and make egg mayo sandwich with the other.

Emily said...

Biblo - you are doing well!

Sharon ~ wow you are truly inspiring! And what are those animal shaped items? cookies?

3lilangels said...

Well done, my dearest sister. With practice, you'll be faster yet.

Emily, yes, those are cookies, but store bought. Have yet to start on my baking forays. Growing up, cookies had always been biblo's forte. She made the best pineapple tarts - in past tense since she has not made any the last few years... hint, hint!

Rachel said...

wow!wow!wow! The first bento colour combination was so good!

Like the carrot shaped..that is one that I couldn't get it right...

LZmommy said...

Wow! Speedy bento! :)

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie