Monday, July 14, 2008

Parenting question : Peer pressure

A friend asked why I'm so biased and only pack lunch for the girlet, and not the boylet. (A side question : is it normal for your non-blogging friends to read your blog and comment via sms/phone, rather than on the blog itself?). Coming back to the topic, the boylet has lunch in his nursery 3X a week, when he has swimming and Mandarin classes. After packing lunch for him a few times, he said he does not want to bring lunch anymore.

"Why don’t you want me to pack lunch?" I said.

"Errr, I just want to eat the same as everyone." answered the boylet.

If at 4, he's already trying to blend in with the crowd, how will it be when he's a teenager? Aaaaaaargh!......bury that thought, will deal with it when it comes........ hang on, another idea comes to mind, better psycho him now while he's still small and still listens to me....... most times anyway... ^_^.

Is it just me or is parenting boys rather different from parenting girls? Veteran moms, any tips?? Meantime, better take out my Dr Dobson book........ where's the page on peer pressure??

6 comments:

Biblo said...

You might want to check with your d'hubby if he likes to bring pack lunch to work... LOL!!! After all your boylet does take after him, food wise right?

3lilangels said...

Lol! I didn't make that connection. You are absolutely right. Anyway, gotta go save him from the kids. They are starting to abuse him... hehe....

LZmommy said...

Some of friends do that, sms/call me after reading. It is better you know who has been reading right? :) I just found out recently one of my friends has been reading my blog everyday. Worst is that she doesn't say anything and till you mention certain things, she said she knows!

Oops! Sorry... I think I talk too much :)

I think boy/man are more cool than girls :) They prefers to be same as their peers or perhaps your boy don't want you to be too tired? So far, my boy enjoys bento from me but I don't pack it often for him coz he attends 3 hr school only.

As for peer pressure, sorry I can't help you. So far, it is ok with my kids.

Emily said...

Hey, just a thought. Maybe you should have a little chat with one or two mothers of your boylet's friends to see if you can 'get them' (meaning they pay you for it!) bentos for their boys to try - to encourage others to enjoy bentos - just one or two now - dont want to over extend yourself!
Another angle on 'peer pressure', the good type!

Emily said...

And then sell them the bento stuff at your bento party!

3lilangels said...

lzmommy : haha... that would have creeped me up if it happened to me.

Emily : now that's an idea. must mull over it.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie