Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bento # 31 and # 32

Still posting about last week's bento.

Left : Fruits - red dragonfruit and ciku cut into star shape, with papaya (triangles) to fill in the empty spaces.
Middle : Egg noodles tossed with tomato sauce and sesame oil, topped with asparagus, sweetmeat & cheese cut into star shape.
Right : 2 pieces of star shaped nuggets, and 2 fish + vegie ball. Put a divider between the nuggets and fishballs to keep the nuggets dry, and girlet insisted to decorate with more dividers.



For bento # 32, I was inspired by my sis's futomaki, and Bento pet's very fancy futomaki. But those were beyond me. Confession - can't make maki with more than 1 filling yet. Hehe... And those in the pic below were the nicer ones. The messier lopsided ones became my lunch.


Main box at bottom : Maki with egg and crabstick. Baked honey chicken drumstick - not exactly leftovers, as I cooked extra for girlet's bento. There's another stashed in the freezer. Can expect to see that making an appearance soon. The stirfried vegies were leftovers from dinner, consisting of broccoli, sugarpeas, babycorn, red and yellow capsicum. Another confession - the capsicums were included purely for decor /colour. Girlet has yet to learn to like them.


Smaller box on top : Watermelon cut into ice cream cone shape, and half a chocolate muffin.

4 comments:

Our Story said...

the ice cream cone watermelons looks yummy

YL

Rachel said...

yes! I like the ice-cream cone water melon too!!

Emily said...

For me? I heart the chicken drumstick! Looks lip smacking delish!

3lilangels said...

The girlet was impressed with the ice cream cone too.

Emily : am in same mind as you. I'm a meat person for sure.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie