Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New purchases from e-bay

After not checking e-bay for a few weeks, I logged on and the first thing I saw was this item which I've been watching for the past few months on the auction list..... with 40 minutes to ending. Obviously, it was an opportunity not to be passed. Bid and won at the auction price of USD1.24 (sorry to whomever I outbid!). This is a real bargain considering the normal price of USD5.99.


Furthermore it was a genuine auction in the sense the shipping cost remained the same. So often with auction, the seller (especially HongKong sellers) jack up the shipping costs instead so there is minimal differences between a buy-it-now and an auction. So it is imperative to compare prices, and compare sellers.


Anyway, *drumroll* .....tada!!..... my new mould for quail eggs. No more fiddling with toothpick and carrots to make bunny from quail egg - refer to my bumbling attempt here.... hehe... There are three shapes for quail eggs, namely chick, car and bunny, as well as a flower shape for chicken egg.

While bidding, I looked through other items that I also have on watch list from the same seller's site, with the idea of shipping discounts for multiple purchases. In the end, purchased another set of fish/car egg mould at auction price of USD0.99 (for a friend), and these cute animal fork/picks.


Good things do come to those who are patient. Am really happy with the discount of USD6.99 on shipping costs, and the speedy shipment - received the items one week after payment. Yay! Now, what should I make/do with these?

9 comments:

LZmommy said...

I have never seen this quail egg mould before! Must go check it out :)

Biblo said...

LOL!! Happy playing with your new toys...

Emily said...

I do believe mom and the 3lilangels are equally enjoying Bento!

Irene said...

hmmm... i wanna check out ebay now. gatal oredi. wahahaha!

Rachel said...

can't wait to see your post using the new mould!

Our Story said...

envy. i like the fd picks n egg mold

YL

Louisa May said...

Wow ! love love love your quail egg mould and all the fun picks !! Which ebay category/sellers do you usually frequent which carry nice stuff ? I oso want !!! :P

3lilangels said...

I got this particular egg mould and picks from this seller : http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Gift. Another moulf on auction with 1 day to go - http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BENTO-LUNCH-BOX-ACC-CUTE-BOILED-EGG-MOLD_W0QQitemZ380049874279QQihZ025QQcategoryZ4003QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Good luck!

3lilangels said...

Sorry. gave you the link to the ebay store instead. Here is the other link : http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQcatrefZC2QQfmcZ1QQsassZtokyoQ5fgift

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie