Trying to catch up with my backlogs, seems like back at work all over again..hehe....
Bento # 29 : On the right of the bento was wanton noodles topped with boiled wanton, stirfried baby french beans with keichi/wolfberry, chick quail egg, and fishpaste, spinach & egg rollups. On the left was part of a buttered steamed corn, grapes, breaded fish/prawn ball and a container of ketchup.
For Bento # 30, I tried out the metal cookie cutter whether can be used as mould for frying egg. Worked out alright. The flowover was minimal and was easily cut off and popped into my mouth... hehe.... And the metal cutter doesn't warp, unlike the silicon moulds which I have read a few complains of. Of course can just fry the egg and then cut with the cutter, but that means more wastage / more egg into my mouth... hehe...
For Bento # 30, I tried out the metal cookie cutter whether can be used as mould for frying egg. Worked out alright. The flowover was minimal and was easily cut off and popped into my mouth... hehe.... And the metal cutter doesn't warp, unlike the silicon moulds which I have read a few complains of. Of course can just fry the egg and then cut with the cutter, but that means more wastage / more egg into my mouth... hehe...
Smaller box on top : Animal shaped egg & ham 'sandwich', and papaya cut into rectangles - thought already had enough animals. Of course with animal picks and divider too.



5 comments:
I like the HK sauce container. so cute.
Great job there in the experimenting the use of the cutter..less wastage but means more work for mommy dearest, right?
Wow!! My kids would love this. They love animals!! Now, please tell me where to get those animal pasta.
Rachel : well, let's just say that's not something I'll do often ^_^
Jo-n : Got the animal pasta from Singapore. I posted the package here - http://growingfunwith3lilangels.blogspot.com/2008/06/bento-9-animal-pasta.html . Also note comment # 7 in that post.
Lots of selection for Bento 29 :) I'm sure your princess must be very happy!
That's a good idea on the cheese & ham!
I like to get a fried egg mold.
Post a Comment