Sunday, September 21, 2008

Babylet puzzles

Babylet loves doing jigsaw puzzles. This is one of her 'homework' from her enrichment class to improve her fine motor skills and hand eye coordination. Currently she can only do up to 5-pieces puzzles, which is less than boylet at the same age. But then, she can speak better than boylet with fully formed sentences.

Unfortunately, she likes to prefix 'the' to some words, for eg. 'the mommy' and 'the book'. So her sentences becomes "I want to follow the mommy" and "Please read me story the book". Haha.... some more touchy when get corrected. I'll just have to wait for her to grow out of it."TaDah!", babylet cheers for herself after she completes each puzzle. Another homework, Babylet showing off her scissors skills and camera smile.
Basically, she just want to sit next to me as I use the computer, blogging or facebook-ing. *_*

11 comments:

Rachel said...

bravo! she so good and fix a 5 pcs puzzle! my boy still struggling:(

Angeleyes said...

My boy also very into jigsaw puzzles now... everyday must play a few times. I've just gotten him a 70pcs one which he can complete in less than 20 mins. My hubby said he can memorize the pieces!

allthingspurple said...

Ashley is like that too. as she places them , I hear her asking herself, "this fit?" "yes!" or "no didnt" as she go along. Butsometimes it fit but wrong side up and she abandons it till we help her out.

strange yea, how they love puzzles at this age?

LZmommy said...

Looks like she enjoys puzzle :) Does Babylet has natural curl? She looks so pretty with the curl :)

Family First said...

She is very photogenic. May I know where you send her for enrichment classes? My son is just 1.5 yrs and I am now starting to research on where to send him for some classes next year or so. And if possible, what exactly does an enrichment classes offer? Is it like Kindermuzik kind? Thanks.

Irene said...

check out babylet's hair. hehe. so curly! hmm... maybe i should go get some puzzles di, for lil missy :)

Rin Valtay said...

I find that puzzles are v good for "training" to increase attention span of kids. I started with those 4 pc and moved up slowly to more than 50pcs. But none of my kids wanted those with more than a 100 pc. Cud not get any of them to go beyond that.

Emily said...

Ooh, I have not done any puzzles in a while!

Babylet is so adorable! Did she do any of the 'star' 'crescent'
'square' 'triangle' 'round' - insert these pieces in the correct place ball or bucket thingy yet?

3lilangels said...

Rachel: He'll improve with practice. Already very advance in other areas -potty trained and can serve cupcakes to others first.*_*

Angeleyes: Wow, that's good. Can concentrate so well.

Allthingspurple: Ashley is so cute!

LZmommy: Her hair is getting wavier now it's longer. At least she looks more like a girl now.

Irene: You should. I'm sure lil missy will like it. Besides fine motor skills, also good for concentration.

Valtay: Try pictures of something they love, cartoon character or animals etc. But frankly, I also find it tedious to do puzzles more than 200 pieces. Takes too much time.

Emily: hehe... I think you're a bit rusty as your kids are so big already. She mastered that maybe 9 months ago.

Biblo said...

I love to do puzzles, too. Sometimes, I think xstitch is like putting together a puzzle!

Babylet is so the cute... LOL!!

3lilangels said...

Family first: Babylet is going to Shichida, a Japanese whole (left/right) brain training program. Way different from kindermusik (she's also attending that). Among other things, the class trains kids' memory, speed reading, creative and logical thinking process. Check out their website:http://www.shichidamethod.com/faq.html and parents forum: http://www.shichidaparents.com/forum/ for question and answers. A word of caution, this program requires commitment, work, time and money! The class is only once a week, but you're expected to do your own training daily at home with your own resources, ie. you go to class to learn how to train the child. Hope that's helpful!

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie