Friday, September 26, 2008

Bento # 59 - Maki and Fishies swimming around

This bento was from yesterday. No bento today as Girlet's friend was celebrating birthday in school and food was provided.

Top: Fish shaped watermelon

Left: Maki with Ebbiko, crabstick and cucumber, with egg maki in the middle. Edamame stuffed at the sides, and soy sauce in a fish shape container.

Right: Fish shaped sausage, and sausage that I tried to cut into a fish, and fish shaped cucumber.

I found out that Girlet would eat cucumber if if was rolled up in maki. She left the fish cucumber untouched.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you found my blog and thank you for the nice comments! I've been looking through yours and it's fantastic, your bento ideas are superb!! When I need to send lunches to school, I am definitely using some of your ideas. They're beautiful!
:) Mandy
aka.GourmetMomontheGo
www.gourmetmomonthego.blogspot.com

kel said...

They looked so adorable! My girl like to dip cucumber with mayo, u may suggest it to girlet.

3lilangels said...

Mandy: Thanks for visiting. Love your blog.

Kel: Great idea! Girlet loves mayo, so let's hope that works.

Rachel said...

Oh! I love the shape of the watermelon!! so cute those fish!

how did you do the fish sausage?! and those tiny eyes on the fish..!!

Angeleyes said...

where to get the fish shape sausage ah??? The one on the bottom.

allthingspurple said...

yea, never seen them fish sausage around here. The texture seems different too, like mixed with breadcrumbs.

wish my kids would eat as much as yours.

Sue Sue said...

Wah, fish sausages? Ready bought or you cut it? Wah cucumber and watermelon also fish shape. Terror la you.

3lilangels said...

Actually someone gave me the fish sausage. I not so keng lah. I only stuff the black sesame seed to make eyes... hehe....

Rin Valtay said...

It's a beautiful bento. The watermelon fish and cucumber fish looks very cute. For my kids, cucumber training starts with me insisting on them eating just one slice, chilled. When they no longer grumble abt it, it becomes two. By now, there is no problem when I give them half a dozen slices to ten. Not a peep out of them, down the hatch they go. It's a matter of getting used to the taste. Try starting slow with half or one slice.

3lilangels said...

Valtay: Thanks for the tip! I'll try that out.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie