Another mom told me, "If she's interested, you shouldn't hold her back. Let her experience more things, then she'll know what she likes." Yeah, the problem is I would have to buy the whole paraphernalia that comes with it and tap shoes are not exactly cheap. After letting her wait for a few months, to ensure that she's still interested, rallied the other ballet moms and asked the dance school to start a tap class right after her ballet class. That is the only time she's free and also can reduce my commute time. As it is the other two siblings' schedules have to revolve around girlet's since she's the busiest.
Sidetrack a bit here : Is that considered unfair or biased? As she's the eldest, she gets to tryout and choose different activities and schools. And for convenience, the other two not only follow her schedule, but eventually her choices of schools and activities as well. It is hard to be totally fair to each kid.



11 comments:
She looks happy and pleased with herself!
She looks happy! think you make the right choice..
its the same here..our time-table usually revolve around my eldest's time-table..but we don't have a choice, do we?
You sound like me 12 years ago making the same decisions! I got them out of ballet after a few years and did tap and modern which was a great foundation for my two elder girls.
I eventually opted to get them to concentrate in music when their schedules became impossible. No regrets since!
wah, tap dancing at such young age. keng wor o.O
Therese is real lucky!! I wanted to take tap last time and your MIL die die also made me do ballet ok!!!
wow, this looks like fun! is there a boy in the class too? maybe my son will like to try too :)
hi, can u tell me where this dancing school is? was wondering for my son (ok ok, more for me), tks
Hi Javapot. The dance school is in Mont Kiara. There are a few boys doing tap, and they get the starring roles during concert!!
Ok, tks. Dancespace? At first i thot Havanaestudio? Good to know that they have few boys otherwise my boy will think 'its only for girls!!'.
It's Dancesteps, in Solaris. Tel: 62037946. Hope to see your boy. My boy refused to join, despite seeing other boys there. I didn't force him as he's so stiff (as per his recent concert ...hehe..). Somethings as just inborn....
ok, tks for no. Erm, think it is more the case of the mum who is keen! ha ha. I just called them and told me the class is on Friday afternoon. I presume that girlet is in single school session next yr for std 1??? I won't be able to make it cos son in afternoon school and also i work. But hoping that they will open class on weekend. Alternatively, in TTDI they have a class which allows children accompanied by an adult. Hm, wonder how that would work out? I think kids prefer their own company not boring adults!! :)
Post a Comment