Friday, September 19, 2008
Bento # 55 - Dumpling Sandwich
Another bread bento, this time copying Lisa's dumpling sandwich. Unfortunately mine is without the cute food markers. Nevertheless, girlet enjoyed making the dumpling using the dumpling mould from 100 yen shop. Take two slices of bread, cut into a circle (according to the mould), fill the middle and press the mould. Easy enough for a 6-yr old. Without the mould, I would just press the edges with a fork.
From left : white and red dragonfruit cut in bear shape. Two bread dumplings, one buttered and filled with meat floss, the other with Nutella. Four quail eggs in animal shapes, and chocolate alphabet cookies spelling out girlet's name. Staked two bear silicon cups on top of each other as they are too shallow individually. Also a fish sauce bottle containing soy sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
So happy to hear that your little girl liked making and eating her dumpling sandwiches. I don't even bother cutting out circles, I just spread my ingredients on the bread, close in the mold and while the mold is closed tightly we easily rip off the excess and crust. I love the red dragon fruit, we never seem to get that here.
Lisa, Thanks for the tip. Yours is a simpler process. I'm so silly for not thinking of that. Girlet would enjoy rippping off the excess.
Hmm... this is something new... must check out this gadget soon! heheheh Just too bad we don't have 100 Yen shop here... wonder why no one cares about the Northern people hor? :P
Ah ha! Another interesting way to turn sandwiches cute, I think little girl will like this.
angeleyes : Actually the gadget is nothing special, just to play play only. You can try the curry puff mould instead, should have the same results.
kel : Yup, also good at teaching them coordination, and that it can be fun to make their own food.
That's a cute way to make sandwiches!
We can't seem to get the red dragon fruit in Singapore. Will keep trying to look for it.
What a great idea! Thus making it multipurpose item!
Post a Comment