Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Bentos # 53 - for Girlet and I
Since girlet loved the seaweed onigiri the previous day, I made another with her agreement. This time tried a round one. Managed to make a perfect ball.... hehe... not hand made lah, used a rice mould from 100yen shop. Also packed a stewed drumnet in soy sauce, baby french beans stirfried with minced pork and wolfberries, a crabstick wrapped with egg, and ham shaped as sea anemone. For desserts, girlet got some grapes and mini grape-filled marshmallows. Forgot to add the food picks before taking the photo. Unfortunately, girlet must have been bored with onigiris as she left that untouched and most of the grapes as well. She had poor appetite during dinner too. Hope she's not coming down with anything.
Also packed a bento for myself even though I ate at home : A salad with green & red lettuce, red & yellow capsicum (don't fancy green ones unless cooked) and cherry tomatoes. For this meal, also fry some mushroom in olive oil and then simmered in balsamic vinegar. The remaining dressing was for the salad. I found it hard to eat out of the small box. Could't stir or mix as everything was packed tightly together. For carbo, I had a red bean onigiri purchased from Jaya Jusco. I had expected it to be sweetish being red bean and all, and was surprised by the rather salty taste. Not something that I'll try to duplicate. Anyway, after finishing this bento, I remembered my soy sauce drumnet still in the pan for reheating. Thank goodness. That completed the meal nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Both bentos look yummy. And you got so many colors in your own bento.
Hope you are not on a diet to loose weight! You need at least 2kg more on your frame!
yeah... maybe we should do bento and eat at home just for the fun of it! :P After all, already making for the kids mah!
Bentos looks so yummy~ nice decos
Emily : my fat is well hidden by the clothings, lah.
Angeleyes : Yes, my thoughts exactly.
little prince's mummy : Thanks for your kind comments.
Post a Comment