Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bento # 57 - Dinosaur Pasta

Today was speed bento day, as have to rush for Babylet's music class. Last night, we had bakuteh for dinner and girlet requested to pack that for her lunch today . But how to pack that? If put in thermos, I'm sure the teacher wouldn't be impressed with the aroma wafting through the classroom... hehe... Her second request was for egg mayo sandwich.

I thought about what other carbs I have in the freezer and remembered the leftover dinosaur pasta from last week, which was frozen without the sauce. That's how she ended up with egg mayo pasta with mixed veg today. Boiled the eggs last night so today will be cold to keep the mayonnaise fresh until lunch. This morning just heat up pasta and frozen mixed veg, wash some grapes, and mash the eggs. And assemble. Included a dino biscuit to complete the theme. Accidentally broke the stegosaurus in half, replaced with T-rex. All in took almost 15 mins.
After taking photo,
Girlet: T-Rex is boylet's favourite.
Me : So how, I broke the stegosaurus. No more left.
Girlet: Never mindlah. Let boylet have the T-Rex.
Me : You don't mind the broken one?
Girlet: It's okay. Maybe I eat it first?

And she ended up with this bento instead. Fortunately, as now the spoon can fit in.
The dinosaur pasta may be a novelty item, but boylet really eats more and faster too when we have this for dinner. Gotta ask BIL to buy some more when he comes back from Australia.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Loving big sister you are Girlet!

Kids these days are so lucky! Cutesy carbs!

Cute eggs!

Angeleyes said...

You bought that gadget to make the egg?? Or just using the egg mould?

3lilangels said...

Emily: You can make the same for your grandchildren next time :)

Angeleyes: The gadget is auite pricey. I'm watching it to see if it ever go on auction. But not telling anyone when that happens, don't want to bid against you.... hehe... The egg here was made with the star shape egg mould, but as the egg was Grade C, too small, became a flower instead.

Emily said...

Sing Lei Kuai Yin! (cantonese) on the grandchildren thingy!

DG said...

Wah! I love the pasta shapes. So cute!

Unknown said...

Wah, so nice the dino pasta!!! you put in mayo? Can't really see the mayo.

3lilangels said...

Domestic Goddess: My kids, the boy especially, loved it - got from Australia. Thanks for visiting.

Jessie: The egg mayo is underneath the pasta. My girl likes to see what animal she's eating. So she would pop a dino in her mouth, followed by a spoonful of egg mayo. We, as mommies, have to pander to the kids' whims and fancies. *_^

javapot said...

Erm, this is late post, wondering whether you got the dinasour biscuit locally??? tks
Love all your novelty pasta.

3lilangels said...

Oops, sorry Javapot. I missed this comment. My MIL got the dino biscuit during one of her travels.

I love novelty pasta too. I found Organic Farm Animal pasta in the Hartamas Shopping Complex's supermarket @ RM 13 + a pack. Quite pricey.

Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie